Hurricane Katrina
I think the media is keeping us well informed on what is going on with the impact and flooding in New Orleans. I do however believe there needs to be more help. It seems like enough isn't being done. There are tens of thousands of people that have gone since at least Tuesday without food or water. Innocent people are dying because there is not enough help. Granted thousands of our troops are over seas fighting a war in Iraq; but there definitely are enough troops remaining in the U.S. to help out. I think it is horrible when a woman feels forced to hand her premature baby to a stranger getting on a bus, so that her baby stands a chane in surviving. There wasn't enough room for the mom so she passed her child off. That is absolutely horrible, but I understand where she is coming from. She is dong what she felt was best for her child. I think more can be done, but for now, the media is doing an admirable job in keeping the rest of the world on top of what is going on and the progressions, as well as actions, being taken.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home